In this 6 hour workshop we will teach you how to make a bucket hat out of old clothing items or overstock fabric. You will learn the process of cutting up old clothing items and altering them into a bucket hat. You will completely change the identity of a garment and give it a new life. Sewing experience is not required, we are there to help you and teach you the basics.
Course can be given in English and Dutch
What we offer:
- altering techniques used at Reconstruct
- patterns for different bucket hat shapes
- sewing machines
- tools for experimenting and sewing
- professional guidance
What to bring:
- clothing items you want to reconstruct – bring a selection so you can choose what fabric works best or so that you can make combinations. Clothes that work best for bucket hats are clothes consisting of a firm material like; denim, cotton, a thick jersey, a lightweight coat, nylon. Nice details on the clothes can be used as a new design element in your bucket hat.
- fabric you may want to add to your clothes
- special sewing supplies or details you may want to add.
Please contact us at email@example.com to reserve a date.